Sunday 28 June 2015

Current Project - The Chateau Salon



Recap, the salon will now be located in the large ground floor space.  I plan to split the walls into a wallpapered top section and a panelled bottom section.  To create the panelling I used mount board, cut to size with smaller squares glued onto it.


I then gave it a coat of white chalk paint and a top coat of cream emulsion, see below.



For the wallpaper section, I've used a lovely cream and gold paper which I cut in half and stuck to the walls using PVA glue (Poundland PVA is great for this task as it is already very thin and watery).



Ready for the flooring to be cut and glued into place and the panelling added.

Since every french salon needs a fireplace, I am using this plastic one which came with a collectible magazine.  However, I don't want it to be dark so I gave it a coat of chalk paint and a top coat of cream emulsion.



The fireplace after painting.  Later, I will add gold detailing and a top coat of wax.


1 comment: