Sunday 28 June 2015

Current Project - The Chateau Salon part 2

I now have most of the component parts to start pulling the salon together.  Today I will be attempting to lay the flooring.  This is self-adhesive wood strip which you buy in sheets.  However, I'm advised that it does not glue very well, so I will add an additional layer of glue to keep it in place.  Also it is one plank to short of the width of the house (how annoying is that), so I'll need to add in extra strips to complete the floor.



I've decided to add in french windows to the back wall for additional interest and these are unpainted inexpensive examples,


After painting these with two coats of cream emulsion, they have been velcro tabbed to the wall, so that I can insert pictures of a garden behind the panes.  The panelling has been glued in place and at the end of today, this is what the salon looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment